One thing that my readers ask via Insta, Snapchat, and Twitter is how to stay confident. There's so much media being thrown at us all the time, and we have this vision of what we "should" be, but truthfully who is to say we need to fit a mold? I don't want to fit a mold. No one is 100% confident, but in terms of gaining a tad more confidence today I wanted to share a few tips I've learned in the past few years that have helped me.
1. Take care of yourself. Your health is most important. If you physically feel bad, you won't be able to make yourself magically feel more confident. They go hand in hand, so make sure you're exercising regularly, eating veggies (every once in a while you know) and drinking plenty of water. Feeling good physically is most of the battle when it comes to confidence.
2. Get the negativity out of your life. You know exactly who and what I'm talking about here. You know Carol in your office? Who wants to get happy hour drinks with you so she can whine about her husband and how her children never listen to her? I mean, I don't mean to sound harsh but you don't have time for that. Life is short, and dealing with negativity on a regular basis from someone like this is going to have a negative toll on you. Bye Carol. Side note: There was no particular reason I chose the name Carol so don't get any ideas Carol out there on the internet.
3. It's all about perspective. This one is hard for me too because when something annoying or lame happens, I let it affect me for hours. I hold on to things, and as I grow up I realize that most things really don't matter all that much and it's water under the bridge. I can choose to let something ridiculously silly consume my mind or I can choose to erase it out of my memory and move to bigger better things, because I have 24 hours in a day. 3 of them cannot be spent on something so simple and miniscule. Make sure to take a step back and give yourself perspective regarding how you're feeling in a certain situation and if you can move on quickly.
4. Be prepared. After years of presentations, job interviews and so forth, I have realized that the best thing for me to feel less nervous and confident is to be prepared. Know where the interview is and exactly where you plan to park 15-20 minutes before the interview starts. If you're frazzled and running into an interview, you will come off frazzled. It's good to prepare for things especially if you're the type of person who doesn't do well unrehearsed and thrown on the spot.
5. Be Comfydent. One of my favorite things to do when I get home is to get into comfy attire, because home is where the bra is not. Am I right ladies? After rocking my Hanes ComfortFlex Fit® bra and the Hanes Cool Comfort® Underwear, I have to say I feel comfortable throughout the day and not just while I'm at home. Being physically comfortable and not having your bra and underwear causing issues is half my battle throughout the day, so I'm happy to say that Hanes has made me quite comfydent.
My black Get Cozy ComfortFlex Fit® Wire-Free Bra is so comfortable and I love the fact that it doesn't display under my clothing. I've worn a lot of different bras over the years, and a lot of them decide to display through my shirts which is so embarrassing sometimes. This bra is designed with ComfortFlex Fit®, which makes it so much easier to find a bra that has the soft, stretchy feel. This is also a cute bra so if I wore a shirt that let this bra peek through I could make it sporty or chic, which gives me quite a bit of versatility if I say so myself. These are $9.99 each which is a total steal considering some of the ridiculously priced (and uncomfortable) bras out there!
In terms of the Cool Comfort® Cotton Bikini Panties, there is something so unique about these when comparing to other brands. I have hundreds of underwear hanging out in my closet, but nothing feels quite as soft as these. One thing that surprised me was the way they're able to keep me cool, especially in the heat I'm experiencing here in Arizona. Their Cool Comfort® wicking fabric helps with this, and it's really incredible because I'm not a fan of having a sweaty ass, are you? ;) The material is breathable and I'm all about that and the best part is they're tagless. Can we get a round of applause? There is probably nothing that aggravates me more then a stupid tag scratching me during a meeting in the middle of the day and me not being able to itch or fix the tag. But seriously... These come in packs of 6 for $13 - yet another steal!
Make sure to visit hanes.com to see special offers and discounts - you know I love to save you that $!
My last tip on confidence is to not let anyone rain on your parade. Everyone else can worry about themselves, and no one should make you feel less than you are. You do you!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.