13 Things We do Before a Trip
While I know we can't travel right this second, the lack of travel has given us a bit of pause to write down all the things we do before we go on a trip. There's a bit of a list, but we found a good priority list which we thought we'd share with you, in the hopes it helps you once our quarantine/social distancing time is finally over. We got tired of always forgetting something so now we're well covered.
For my fellow travelers out there, if we're missing some of your best tips, let us know in the comments below. We all have very different travel experiences when it comes down to it.
- Ask a family member (or hire a house sitter) to take care of the kitties + house.
- Pick up and lightly clean the house so it’s clean when we get back.
- Water the plants a little extra, so they’re taken care of during the trip.
- Make sure anything that will spoil food wise is thrown away (basically clean the fridge and kitchen out) and then take out the trash.
- Unplug everything and make sure to turn off anything.
- Share your itinerary with the house sitter, and your family.
- Make sure to pack the asnacks.
- Don’t eat foods that could make you sick on the plane (seafood, etc.)
- Pack your toiletries in travel friendly containers.
- Ensure to let you known credit cards
- Make sure all the devices you’re taking are fully charged
- Pack some cash separate from wallets (in the unfortunate event) someone does mug you.
- List of items you’re most likely to forget
- Chargers (laptop, camera, phone, etc.)
- Reusable empty water bottle
- Workout clothes
- Portable charger