This is such a fun episode! I am chatting with serial entrepreneur Laura Frecon all about being an eco-conscious costume designer. Laura designs for film and television. Some of the productions she has worked on are Mad Men, True Blood, Men In Black 3, and the new Netflix series Inventing Anna.
Laura is also the founder of the eco-conscious lifestyle brand, Verte Luxe. She shares with us the story of how she started the business while she was planning her own wedding in 2015. We chat a little about the shift into a more eco-friendly mindset for the film and fashion industries.
Inside This Episode:
- A little bit about Laura’s journey to becoming a costume designer
- The importance of networking in the film and television industry
- Laura’s eco-conscious lifestyle platform – Verte Luxe
- How the film industry is becoming more eco-conscious
- Fast fashion vs luxury fashion
- The “shop as you watch” concept
- What a typical day looks like for Laura
- More on the life of a costume designer
- And so much more!
Verte Lux on IG: @verteluxelife
Source Digital on IG: @sourcesync
Laura on IG: @laurafrecon