Spicy Michelada Recipe
A refreshing classic that's light but can pack a punch. It's perfect for summer, but also makes for a great refresher in the cooler months. There's something so tasty about added a little hot sauce (and even a slice or two of jalapeño if you're sassy like me.)
What you need
- 1 tbsp Tajin (used to rim the glass)
- 1-2 juiced Limes
- 2 tsp Your Favorite Hot Sauce (we use Siete: Traditional Hot Sauce)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce (or Amino Acids)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pint glass Ice
- 1 Mexican Lagar Beer (Tecate or the green label Dos Equis)
What to do
- Add Tajin (or chili-salt of some sort) to a small dish. We utilize a teacup saucer or cappuccino dish for this to make it super easy. Rub the rim of your pint glass with a little lime wedge to get it saturated. Then dip that glass rim into your Taijin and get it on the rim of your glass. The lime juice really helps the Tajin stick to it (you can use this trick with any cocktail.)
- In the rimmed pint glass, mix the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice together. Add a quick pinch of salt into the mixture. Stir well.
- Add the ice to the pint glass
- Fill glass to the top with beer. Give the drink a light stir and enjoy!